Teletherapy Services in Covington, Louisiana
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced me to limit contact with clients, so I am now offering secure HIPAA-compliant teletherapy counseling services to my patients.
What is teletherapy?
Teletherapy uses secure technology to facilitate communication between a therapist and client. Through live video via the internet, teletherapy allows me to deliver the same high-quality therapy services I normally provide in-person. Through teletherapy, I still provide quality:
- Pre-Marital and Marriage Counseling
- Couple Communication Issues
- Conflict Resolution and Marital Enrichment
- Divorce Adjustment
- Family Therapy
- Blended Family, Co-Parenting, Divorce Prevention
- Grief Counseling
- Treatment for Depression, Anxiety, Panic, and Phobias
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors
Research shows teletherapy to be just as effective, if not more so, than in-person therapy. According to a 2018 study published in the Journal of Psychological Disorders, online cognitive behavioral therapy is “effective, acceptable, and practical health care.” The study concludes teletherapy is equally effective as face-to-face treatment for depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder.
A 2014 study published in the Journal of Affective Disorders found internet-based treatment to be equally beneficial as regular face-to-face therapy for depression. Another 2014 study published in Behaviour Research and Therapy found online cognitive behavior therapy to be an effective and cost-efficient treatment for those suffering from anxiety disorders.
How does the process work?
You will receive an invitation to create a personal portal into my practice and be asked to sign an informed consent for teletherapy. You have the option of participating in teletherapy from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. For the phone, download “Simple Practice” from the app store. A few minutes before our session, you will receive a link by email and text.
Benefits of Teletherapy
Teletherapy provides a broad range of benefits:
- Greater Access. Physical disabilities, remote geographical locations, and scheduling issues no longer hinder treatment.
- Lower Costs. Teletherapy clients do not have to travel, miss work, or arrange childcare to receive treatment.
- Freedom to Choose. With teletherapy, you can meet in whatever space suits your needs for safety, privacy, and comfort.
- Enhanced Public Health. The ability to seek treatment at home can slow the spread of the coronavirus and help protect vulnerable populations.
Is Online Therapy for You?
I’ve been surprised at how easily clients have adjusted to live video, with only a handful having declined without even trying. The best way to know is to schedule a free introductory video session by filling out the form below.